Friday, August 7, 2015

Sweet Spaghetti ala Jem

     Months after I settled in the US, I have been craving for my favorite filipino comfort food... Spaghetti. In the philippines, this versatile pasta recipe is always present  in any filipino celebration may it be birthdays, weddings, christenings, christmas parties, new year celebration.. the possibilities are just endless. No wonder it has also been the favorite pasta dish among filipinos. Since I'm nowhere near my filipino store or restaurant, I have learned to make my own concoction of filipino style spaghetti. What makes this pasta dish delish is its sweet and meaty sauce which has now become my picky eater husband's favorite and has also become a staple food in our kitchen. I once invited two of my filipina friends over and served them my home cooked sweet style spaghetti and they absolutely raved for it and asked for the recipe. It's quick, easy and ready to be served in 20mins!


sweet spaghetti ala jem

Sweet spaghetti ingredients
ground turkey with purefoods/martins hotdogs
Adding condensed milk to the spaghetti sauce
spaghetti sauce with condensed milk
friends who enjoyed my spaghetti paired with stella artois, YUM! :)





Ingredients: 

1 lb.        Spaghetti pasta of your choice (wheat, protein, thin or thick)

24 oz.      Prego Italian sauce ( Meat flavored)
1 pack     Purefoods/Martins hotdog ( jumbo)
1 lb.        Ground Meat (beef/chicken/turkey)
2-3 tbsp  condensed milk
2 tsp        salt
2 tsp        black pepper
2 tsp        garlic powder
2 tsp        onion powder
2 tsp        dried oregano (optional)
3 tsp       olive oil/ canola oil
               parmesan cheese

Directions:

1. Cook pasta according to its package direction
2. While cooking pasta, light the other burner and heat 2/12 quarts of saucepan and add oil
3. Once oil is heated add and sauté the ground meat
4. Put in the salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder, dried oregano and mix everything
5. Add the hotdogs
5. Once the ground meat is brown, pour Prego sauce and mix well
6. Add condensed milk according to desired sweetness. 
7. simmer sauce mixture for 5mins.

For Plating: 


1. Place drained pasta on a plate top with sweet spaghetti sauce and grated parmesan cheese
2. Serve and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment